Friday, May 22, 2026

Latest Posts

Ariana Grande Haunted By Manchester Trauma Before Tour As Ethan Slater Makes Huge Sacrifice


Ariana Grande is preparing to step back onto the stage for the first time in seven years, but behind the excitement surrounding her upcoming Eternal Sunshine Tour is a much darker reality. 

The singer is reportedly still battling emotional scars connected to the 2017 Manchester Arena bombing that killed 22 people during her Dangerous Woman tour. 

As rehearsals intensify ahead of the summer kickoff, insiders claim Grande’s anxiety remains overwhelming enough that boyfriend Ethan Slater has reportedly reshaped his own career plans just to stay by her side.

Ariana Grande’s Manchester Trauma Still Impacts Her Tour Plans

Jorge Estrellado/Image Press Agency/MEGA

Ariana Grande may be returning to arenas worldwide, but sources say the trauma from Manchester still heavily shapes every decision surrounding the tour.

The singer reportedly struggled with “nightmares” and “a meltdown” after the terrorist attack that injured more than 1,000 people and forever changed her relationship with touring.

According to insiders, the emotional weight of performing for massive crowds again is something Grande still carries daily.

“Ariana has been prepping for her US and UK concert tour for months, but she’s still haunted by the horrific Manchester Arena bombing,” a source told the Daily Mail, adding, “She had nightmares about it for months. She had a meltdown.”

Grande herself previously opened up about the emotional aftermath while speaking to British Vogue in 2018.

“It’s hard to talk about because so many people have suffered such severe, tremendous loss. But, yeah, it’s a real thing,” she said at the time. The 32-year-old explained that both the victims’ families and her fans experienced lasting anxiety after the attack.

Grande Demands Heavy Security For Upcoming Shows

Ariana Grande at the Oscars
Newscom/(Mega Agency

Because of those lingering fears, Ariana Grande has reportedly insisted on major security changes before agreeing to tour again.

Insiders claim the pop superstar refused to move forward with the Eternal Sunshine Tour unless stricter protections were guaranteed for both herself and fans attending the concerts.

“She has insisted on double security on all the dates. She refused to go ahead with it if that clause wasn’t agreed to,” a source revealed.

Grande has long admitted that touring after Manchester fundamentally changed how she viewed safety. During an emotional interview with Apple Music’s Ebro Darden, she confessed that even everyday travel became frightening.

“But the truth is that it’s f-cking scary,” the actress said, adding, “It’s scary going anywhere and you look at places differently and traveling.”

She also acknowledged the uncomfortable reality of heightened concert security. “I don’t want to have metal detectors or people taking tiny a** bags into my shows, but you better bring a tiny a** bag and walk through that metal detector,” Grande stated.

Her fears reportedly intensified again after a fan allegedly rushed toward her during a “Wicked: For Good” premiere event in Singapore last November. Sources said the unsettling moment deepened concerns among those close to the star regarding her anxiety levels.

Ariana Grande Scales Back Touring As Pressure Mounts

Unlike her previous world tours, Grande’s newest run of concerts has been intentionally reduced in size. The Eternal Sunshine Tour begins on June 6 in California before moving through North America and later heading to London’s O2 Arena for a 10-show residency.

While previous tours stretched well beyond 70 or even 100 performances, this time the Grammy Award winner is limiting herself to only 30 dates.

Insiders say that decision was directly connected to the emotional pressure touring creates. “The stress of doing around 30 dates is all she can handle,” a source explained.

Grande herself hinted this tour could be her final large-scale concert run for a very long time.

“I do know that I’m very excited to do this small tour, but I think it might not happen again for a long, long, long, long time,” she said during a November appearance on the “Good Hang with Amy Poehler” podcast.

However, Grande promised to give it her all, noting that she believed the tour will be beautiful. The “God is a Woman” singer revealed that she decided to go back on tour because she wanted it to be “one last hurrah.”

Grande And Ethan Slater Face Relationship Strain

Ethan Slater's Wife Is Reportedly 'A Wreck' Over His Romance With Ariana Grande
MEGA

As Ariana Grande prepares for her return to the stage, distance and scheduling conflicts have reportedly complicated her relationship with Slater.

The couple has recently spent weeks apart, with Grande rehearsing in Los Angeles while Slater remained in New York following his off-Broadway production “Marcel on the Train.”

According to insiders, their separate schedules have created emotional and physical distance despite claims the relationship is still strong.

“Ariana has been in Los Angeles doing tour rehearsals. Ethan has been in New York City while she’s there,” a source told the Daily Mail, further explaining, “He hasn’t visited her and she’s been too busy to get back east for more than a couple days.”

Fans also noticed the pair attending events separately. Still, insiders insist the lovebirds remain committed, even while acknowledging Grande tends to dominate relationships.

“Ariana definitely has a type and likes things in a relationship to be a certain way – her way. She’s usually the dominant one when it comes to who has the say,” the source explained.

Ariana Grande’s Boyfriend Ethan Slater Makes Huge Sacrifice

Ethan Slater's Wife Is Reportedly 'A Wreck' Over His Romance With Ariana Grande
MEGA

Despite his own acting career continuing to grow, Slater is reportedly putting Grande first as she navigates the emotional demands of touring again.

The actor recently appeared in “Gen V,” guest starred on “Elsbeth,” and reprised his role as Boq in “Wicked: For Good.” Yet insiders say he has already begun sacrificing opportunities in order to support his girlfriend during the tour.

“He plans to be there for her during the tour on as many dates as possible,” an insider shared. The source added that Slater is actively rearranging his work schedule to remain close to her.

“He has a couple of potential conflicts, but he’s trying to work around them so he’s her support system. He’s even turned down an acting role that would have meant him hardly being by her side,” they shared. 

Meanwhile, Grande reportedly remains determined not to let fear stop her from reconnecting with fans despite her ongoing struggles.

“She is very excited about returning to the stage to perform for her fans and to release her eighth album this summer,” another insider said.

Even so, those closest to the singer reportedly know Manchester will always remain part of every performance she gives moving forward.

The Ariana Grande Haunted By Manchester Trauma Before Tour As Ethan Slater Makes Huge Sacrifice first appeared on The Blast

Latest Posts